- Confident Ruby https://shiprise.dpdcart.com/
- Objects on Rails https://shiprise.dpdcart.com/
- Working With UNIX Processes https://www.jstorimer.com/pages/books
- Working With Ruby Threads https://www.jstorimer.com/pages/books
- Don’t Make Me Think http://sensible.com/dmmt.html . . .
git clone --mirror old-remote-url cd repo.git git push --mirror new-remote-url
Measure the time taken to perform each type of job
I put this in my lib directory:
class SidekiqMetrics def call(worker, msg, queue) librato_queue = Librato::Metrics:: . . .
How to make a git branch be based off of a different branch from what it was originally branched off from
An easy thing to do covered confusingly in 2-dozen other blog posts around the web. But not here my friend.
git checkout branch-you-are-working-on git rebase --onto branch-you-want-it-based-on branch-it-is-based-on
I was curious what would be the difference in performance between Postgres and Redis for basic read operations. Redis is highly optimized for writing and reading specific types of data structures, where Postgres, with its ACID guarantees and general-purpose features, can't compete. But for the most basic read operations, where Postgres . . .
I love Sidekiq, and Medstro is a Sidekiq Pro customer. We started out with pretty basic usage, using no custom workers, only using the ActiveRecord extension which enables
.delay that you might be familiar with in other queueing systems. We also use devise-async to automatically catch all our outgoing devise email.
We've . . .
MetaInspector is a handy gem which makes it easy to get information about a webpage such as…
- its title
- its description
- metadata like Facebook Open Graph or Twitter Cards
- a list of all images on the page
So let's say that you have a field in your app's user profiles for "personal . . .